Hey boss, let’s talk!
It can be challenging and nerve-racking to make a request for training or to have a meaningful conversation about your career with your Executive, especially when it’s not in-person (if you are working from home.)
If you’d like to join our High Performing EA Course but you’re not sure how to ask for support and assistance, here are some tips that may help you…
- To start, check your company’s guidelines and policies around external learning and training.
- Be prepared, you’ll need to be as informative as you can about the details and benefits of the course including the ROI for your company. We’ve prepared a document to help you with this: Click Here
- Set up a meeting with your Executive to take place in 2 days’ time, this will give you enough time to prepare, but not too long that you will over-think it.
- Arrange the meeting for a convenient time for you both so you’re not rushed.
- Set an agenda and send it through with your meeting invitation, this can be as lose or tight as you feel is appropriate, but it will set the tone for the conversation and give your Executive context prior to talking to you.
- During your conversation, make sure you focus on listening instead of just thinking about what you’re going to say next.
- Prepare for possible questions, such as, who will fulfil your responsibilities on the occasions that you are in full-day training?
The Certified High Performing EA course will make you feel more confident, empowered and valued in your role. Remember that most bosses do value the happiness of their employees so let your Executive know what this training would mean to you.
If you’d like to talk to us to find out more about the course before having the conversation at work, book a call below.
Good luck and we hope to see you soon!